Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Miami - Day 2

Yesterday was our first FULL day of the trip. In the AM we painted over a gym for local members of the community. We got piant everywhere. On the walls, ourselves, and a bit on the floor. After painting part of the room and the mural of a famous basketball player (that I have never heard of Wade?), we helped paint benches outside. The sun it hot and amazing. Some of us (including me) need to wear sunscreen tomorrow because even though we were only out for a little but, we got some color.

In the PM we walked to a nearby school and just played with the kids. We got paired up, and I got matched up with the LOUD FUN one (shocker!). We had to paint (seems to be the theme for today) and decorate the flowerpots. We then had to make pictures, both us and our kids, about out future. Although I am graduating in haha 2 months, I don't really know what I am doing. But, it was important to discuss with my boy Willie what he wants to be when he grows up and to always be striving to change and grow!

That's it for now I need to eat breakfast.....
peace and mashiyach in our days
Ilana Frankel
UMD Hillel

No comments:

Post a Comment