Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 1 Boys and Girls Club

Volunteering is in my blood and it's something I love to do, and yesterday was no exception. As I am sitting here finishing my breakfast I anxiously waiting for Day two to start. I can't wait to go back to the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Monica and improve the vicinity these kids play in everyday. For a large majority of the day my group which is the College of Staten Island and Hunter students spent creating murals and painting. Even though a large majority of us were still exhausted from our flight we were all still energetic and willing to help no matter what we were asked to do. The highlight of the day is when the kids arrived at around 3:00. The smile on these kids displayed while playing games with us was priceless. Day two will soon begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment