Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3 in LA!

So far this trip has been even better than I had expected. The speakers have really made me think about everyday problems in society that people do not think they have control over. The work that we have done at the Boys & Girls club of Santa Monica has not only brought us together as a peer group, but has also helped us see that we can personally make a difference, and influence the world around us. Although at the end of the day we are exhausted, we know that it was all very worth it. Personally, I know that I feel great going to sleep knowing that I am part of a larger group, bettering the world. The best feeling is knowing that once we do these great things for people in need, they might just pay it forward.

In addition to the work we have been doing during the day, we have been able to explore the city of LA. Last night we went to the Santa Monica pier and enjoyed that scenery. We walked around, made new friends, heard great music and got to taste a new part of LA. Everyday this great city has something new to offer, and I cannot wait to see what it has in store for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment